In this episode, Gabe and Garrett talk to Marlon Londoño about the Netflix series Narcos (2015-16) and Caracol Television’s Escobar: El Patrón del Mal (2012).
- Pablo Medina, Uribe, “Netflix’s Narcos Cheapens Colombia and Its History”
- Bernardo Aparicio García, “I grew up in Pablo Escobar’s Colombia. Here’s what it was really like”
- Ana Marcos, “Why Pablo Escobar is Anything but Cool,” El País
- Steven MacKenzie, “Narcos: Colombia’s dark past–and its bright future”
- Jackie Strause, “The Real DEA Agents of ‘Narcos’ Break Down What Season 2 Got Right“
- Jackie Strause, “The Real DEA Agent of ‘Narcos’ Breaks Down What Season 3 Got Right“
Produced by Gabe Moss, Emma Rothberg, and Garrett Wright
Edited by Ashley Curry
All opinions are the speakers’ own, and do not represent the official views of UNC or the Department of History.